Ptitim (Israeli couscous) is so easy and delicious
2 tablespoons butter
¼ cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, sliced
¼ teaspoon crushed chili peppers
2 cups ptitim (Israeli couscous/pearl couscous)
2 ¼ cups water
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cups spinach
1 cup parmesan, shredded
salt and pepper, to taste
Cover, Simmer 12 mins
1. Add the butter, olive oil, garlic and crushed chili peppers to a pot on medium heat. Stir and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
2. Add the ptitim and stir. Fry the ptitim for 1-2 minutes until it begins to look golden.
3. Add the water and stir. Cover and turn the heat down to medium-low. Simmer for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat and add the tomatoes, spinach, parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix.
5. Garnish with chopped parsley and extra parmesan.